We may collect your personal information (including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, and postal address) when you use OHO website. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
When you visit OHO website, we may use automated technology (such as usage monitoring software, cookies, and sessions) to collect and store certain information about your visit. Please see the Cookies for more information.
A Cookie is a small portion of data sent from a website and sorted in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future the cookie data can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity.
For more information on how to adjust your web browser settings for cookies see www.aboutcookies.org.
For a guide to online behavioural advertising and online privacy see www.youronlinechoices.com.
Please note that accepting a cookies does not give us access to your computer or personal information stored on your hard drive under any circumstances.
Use and disclosure
We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 or as required by law. We may use your personal information to:
- communicate with you;
- analyse usage of this website;
- provide you with further information, news, and promotional material; and
- improve the content of this website and to customise this website to your preferences.
We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. Your personal information will be made available internally for the above purposes and we will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless you have given us prior approval. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our using and disclosing your personal information in the manner set out above.
We will only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you:
- for the above-mentioned purposes;
- if you have authorised us to do so;
- if we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights,
property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- if we are authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
Storage and security
Personal information collected on the OHO Website is collected and held by OHO. We will take reasonable efforts to protect personal information that is held by us from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Third party websites
This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or for the manner in which those websites collect, hold, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When visiting a third party website from hyperlinks displayed on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide will be collected, held, used and distributed.
Right to access and correct
You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information we hold about you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.